- Do I need a new meter to install solar and how do I arrange this?
To install a solar power system you’ll need to have a bi-directional energy meter that is capable of separately measuring and recording electricity flows in each direction - consumption and export.
- How do I get the temporary meter removed?
Call us on 13 13 54 to arrange removal. We'll arrange with Western Power to remove the meter for you. Please note, a temporary supply removal fee of $323.92 is charged by Synergy in order to recover costs charged by Western Power to visit a site and remove a temporary supply.
- How do I read my electricity meter at my premises?
It all depends on what type of meter you have. Western Power, the network operator, owns and maintains the meter at your premises and is responsible for reading or estimating your meter - unless you're a self reader.
For detailed information on ‘how to read your meter’, please visit Western Power's website.
- How long does it take to connect a meter to our building site?
It depends on how many steps below you need completed to connect your site:
- First, check for underground power installed on your block. Look for a shiny green dome or call Western Power on 13 10 87 to confirm or to install your dome.
- Apply for a new connection with us - we'll process your request within 3-5 days and issue you with a reference number:
- Pass on the reference number/s on to your builder or electrician.
- Your builder/ electrician will liaise with Western Power to get your meter installed and connected to the grid. Allow 5 working days in a metropolitan area, and up to 10 working days in rural areas.
- What is a MIRN number?
MIRN stands for Meter Installation Reference Number - this is the unique number used by our gas supplier (ATCO) to identify the gas meter at your premises. Your MIRN can be found on your bill.Read more
- Why has my bill been estimated?
There are a couple of reasons which may be behind your business bill estimation:
- The Western Power meter reader was unable to access your meter when they arrived for the reading. This may be due to a locked gate, dog or other obstacles that prevented them from accessing your meter at your business premises
- If you're a registered, self reader and were unable to provide these details in time for your billing cycle, then your bill will be estimated as well
How will I know if my bill has been estimated?
Grab a copy of your bill... look for the 'How much energy have you used?' chart half way down the bill.
If your bill has been estimated, then the 'This bill' horizontal bar will be shaded white instead.
If you'd like to query the estimation, please submit an enquiry or call us on 13 13 54.
- Will there be any interruptions to my gas supply when I switch to Synergy Gas?
As long as your gas meter can be upgraded to support an interval metering device, it’s unlikely your supply will be interrupted.
Can’t find the answer above? Get in contact, we are happy to help
For business enquiries call 13 13 54
One of our friendly, team members will be happy to help you:
- 7am - 7pm, Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays)
- We may ask you a couple of questions about your business and energy usage - it helps to have a copy of your bill close by.
All fields required unless indicated as optional.